Registration is now open for the OSU Agronomy Workshop for Crop Consultants at this link. http://www.cvent.com/d/bvqlpt
Register by Feb. 1. Workshop is Feb. 8.
· When/Where: February 8, 9:00 AM to 3:15 PM at the Schisler Conference Center, OARDC Wooster
· What: An in-depth program on field crop agronomy and pest management designed for crop professionals
· Registration online by credit card only, $70 registration fee, class size limited to 30; registration deadline February 1
· Registration includes refreshments, lunch, and a packet containing OSU field guides and other extension publications
· CCA Credits
· Questions? Contact Kelley Tilmon, Department of Entomology, Tilmon.email@example.com
9:00 Registration and refreshments
9:30 Dr. Joy Pierzynski, OSU C. Wayne Ellett Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic: What can the diagnostic clinic do for you?
9:45 Dr. Peter Thomison, OSU Department of Horticulture and Crop Science: New approaches for diagnosing ear development problems in corn
10:30 Dr. Elizabeth Dayton, OSU School of Environment and Natural Resources: On-Field Ohio and nutrient risks
11:00 Dr. Laura Lindsey, OSU Department of Horticulture and Crop Science: Soybean seeding rate and variable rate seeding
12:00 Lunch (provided)
12:45 IPM stakeholder feedback session (Jim Jasinsky)
1:30 Dr. Andy Michel, OSU Department of Entomology: Are you Bt or not Bt--testing for Bt proteins and determining insect resistance
1:45 Dr. Kelley Tilmon, OSU Department of Entomology: Scouting exercise for determining soybean defoliation
2:00 Dr. Anne Dorrance, OSU Department of Plant Pathology: Host resistance, fungicides or both? How and when should they be combined?
2:30 Dr. Pierce Paul, OSU Department of Plant Pathology: Corn and wheat disease update
3:00 Program evaluation
3:15 Wrap-up and adjourn